Frequently Asked Questions
Why Strait Music Company?
When considering where to rent your child’s band instrument, we know you have many options. Strait Music is committed to providing your child with the flexibility and resources to help him or her succeed as a musician.
- Strait Music Company is locally owned with two convenient locations, offering in-store sales and service.
- We have an in-house, state-of-the-art repair shop for fast and convenient repairs by qualified instrument technicians.
- We work directly with local band directors to make sure instruments are school approved; we also have all the accessories your director requires.
- Our road reps visit nearly every school in Austin & surrounding areas weekly, providing delivery and pickup for instrument repairs saving you the trip.
- Our commitment to you is to provide inexpensive, no-interest rentals at consistently low prices.
Should I rent or buy?
Are you confused about which choice would be best? Consider this:
- Buying an instrument upfront can reduce the total cost of the instrument, but that savings quickly can be lost if your child decides to switch to another instrument or drops out of band/orchestra.
- Renting an instrument from Strait Music lets you take advantage of our repair maintenance coverage, which limits your costs for all maintenance, repairs, theft or destruction.
- For many families, low monthly payments are easier on the monthly budget than upfront purchasing.
Do I need a new or used instrument?
- If your student really wants a new, shiny instrument, and your family can afford it, that is the route we recommend. When deciding between new and used remember:
- All of Strait Music’s used instruments are guaranteed to be quality instruments ready to perform. They have been serviced and sanitized in Strait Music’s fully-trained, state-of-the-art repair shop.
- Our used instruments are in perfect playing condition but may have a few small scratches or dings.
What is the length of the contract?
At Strait Music there is not a specified contract length. We offer a flexible rental program with multiple purchase options.
- Rentals are always month-to-month. You may return the rental at any time with no penalty to you or you may rent it until you pay the instrument in full.
- All rental payments (minus the maintenance fee) go toward the purchase of the instrument you are renting.
- We offer an additional 30% off the balance of your rental when you exercise your purchase option./li>
- Twelve months of your base rental payment may be applied to the purchase of a step-up-instrument, of the same type.
What if it’s broken, destroyed or stolen?
All our rentals include our Repair and Maintenance Coverage
- When you have Strait Music’s repair coverage and you are current on your payments, your instrument will be put back in good playing condition with only a $10.00 copay. Our policy does not cover neglect, abuse or loss.
- We wave the $10.00 copay if you sign up for autopay, so service and repairs are FREE!
- Our repair coverage also cover against thief & fire with a valid police or fire report